Keeping ourselves safe
- If you feel at all unwell or have any of the signs of COVID-19 do not come to the rooms.
- Members over 60: you are no more potentially contagious than other age groups. You are welcome to use the rooms but please exercise extra caution for your own sakes.
- No children, no guests, no visitors
- You may not enter the rooms without first booking through the online system. You must book separately for throwing, handbuilding, glazing or to drop-off or pick-up pots or clear your cubby.
Online booking system
- Access the booking system (link below)
- Select the day/days you wish to visit the rooms
- Scroll down to the timeslot you require
- Select the activity you want
- Press the ‘Book’ button
More about booking
- The booking system has been devised in the hope that it gives members sufficient creative time as well as providing the opportunity for all those who wish to, to enjoy the facilities again, in a hygienic and safely physically distanced manner.
- Ensure that Vera Burton (Membership Coordinator) has your most recent contact details so you can be contacted if required – Veeanddave93@gmail.com.
- As you will see from the booking schedule, visits to the rooms (once booked) may be made from Monday 18th May.
Restrictions and Rules – Using the rooms
General conditions of entry
- Ensure you have a valid booking and your contact details are up to date with the membership coordinator (see above).
- Thorough handwashing and/or the use of the hand sanitiser, particularly on entry, and regularly throughout your stay, is a requirement for all whilst at the rooms.
- Main door should be closed [but not locked] whilst people are on the premises to ensure the terms of entry notice outside the door is observed. If fresh air is required, partially open the alleyway door.
- Kitchen is off limits – BYO beverages and cup. Take cup/beverage container home after each visit! Use the sluice room taps for drinking water.
- No sharing of food.
- Library is also off limits.
Safe physical distancing and hygiene under Level 2
- Daily users to set up their own cleaning roster for each time slot.
- Cleaning supplies provided.
- Cleaning list (see below) to be ticked off at the start of each 4 hourly session.
- Cleaning (i.e. Disinfecting) time is incorporated in the 4-hour shift plan accordingly.
- The main studio and the glaze room should be vacated promptly at the end of each session. If no-one waiting to enter, turn off all lights and lock the door after you. Check that side (alleyway) door is also locked and bolted.
- The table nearest the cubbies is only for resting possessions during take out and put back or for processing pots ready for firing. Maximum of 2 at a time at this table.
Main studio cleaning list
- Taps and door handles [includes damp cabinet handles, slab roller wheel)
- Basins & surrounds
- Social table
- Ladders (grip areas) and other common surfaces
- Light switches, drying cabinet handle, switch and dials
- Heaters: clean the push-button switch and surrounds
- Common use tools – use them, wash them, sterilise them (use the disinfectant bath) put them back. Also see ‘Glaze room’ notes
More about room restrictions – Main studio
- Maximum number working in the Main Studio is 18: up to 9 hand builders; up to 9 wheel exponents. Hand builders restricted to the west ends and centres of each of the 3 large tables; wheel people restricted to the east end of each of the large tables + the ‘blue’ table.
- Don’t move the wheels from their positions. Don’t introduce extra wheels. Don’t move tables.
- Space has been allocated so that 1) the extruder can be used safely 2) the wedging batts can be used safely
- The Slab Roller has been re-positioned to allow for adequate bypass corridors.
- Main studio bookings can be made for: 4 hour “shifts”: 9am – 1pm, 1pm – 5pm, 5pm – 9pm, 9pm – 1am and an 8-hour shift, 1am – 9am online bookings only.
- It is likely that the 9am – 1 pm shift will be in great demand. To be fair to all, you may book only TWO of this shift per week. This stipulation will be revisited once a better idea of demand is understood.
- To allow for commercial cleaning, the Monday 9pm until 1am shift will not be bookable
- Mondays – Fridays: Members restricted to a maximum of 3 x 4 hour shifts or 2 x 8-hour shifts per ‘working week’ any weekday booking precludes that member from the use of the rooms during weekends.
- Saturdays and Sundays: Maximum of 2 X 4 hour shifts or 1 X 8-hour shift (1am – 9am)
- Bookings can only be made for up to two weeks in advance. We’re trying to give everyone a chance at the “plum spots”.
- Drop-off pots, pick-up pots, clear your cubby: If you wish to do this between the hours of 8am – 10pm you will need to book one of the 30-minute slots online. Maximum of 2 people per timeslot.
- Bringing in pots from home or own studio for bisque firing: Have them packed in a sturdy container or containers and bring them up to the Main Studio to process.
- Pots from the drying shelves for bisque firing: Weigh, pay, record, attach your Firing Slip and leave on or under the table. If you can pack into the cartons provided please do so. Each day a volunteer will transport your pots to the kiln room.
Weighing and paying – now upstairs
- The scales, eftpos machine and Payments Record Book will be temporarily sited in the Main Studio. Hand sanitiser is provided for use before/after using machine.
- Cleaning the Keypad: Do not spray the keypad. Use DETTOL provided – Spray the cloth, wipe the keypad; same for the pen.
- Pick-up pots from the kiln room: maximum of 1 member at a time
- If the kiln room door is open and the chain is in place wait for the person inside to exit. When you leave, lock the door, leave the chain hanging loose.
Restrictions – Kiln and glaze rooms
- Handwashing or use of the hand sanitiser required on entry.
- Glaze tools, bucket lids and handles and all surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned before and after use. Spray ‘n’ wipe.
- Glaze room: Maximum of 2 members at a time. Mondays – Fridays: Members restricted to a maximum of 2 X 2 hour shifts (may be consecutive) or 2 X 8-hour (i.e. The midnight to 8am shift) shifts per ‘working week’. Any weekday booking precludes the use of the glaze room during weekends. N.B. This does not apply to the Glaze Making Team. Their bookings will take precedence.
- Saturdays and Sundays: Maximum of 2 x 2 hour shifts (may be consecutive) or 1 X 8-hour (midnight – 8am) shift.
Be kind to others
- Access https://bookeo.com/wellingtonpotters to book
- If there are un-booked places 1 hour prior to the start of a period you may book even if you have either (a) already made other bookings or (b) already used your quota for the week.
- If you are unable to use a booking, please cancel it by emailing email@example.com.
- No shows will be restricted from making further bookings.
- Bookings that don’t comply with limitations will be declined.
- Those who are able to come in during the week please do so to allow those back at work to be able to come in during the weekend.
- Restrictions are likely to be adjusted as demand for use becomes clearer
- Your co-operation is appreciated. We hope you enjoy being “back in the mud”!