This course is for WPA members only
Your tutor is Hedy Ankers
This course concentrates on the basics of glazing at WPA it will cover
- Health and Safety
- The WPA club glazes
- How to get your glazed items processed in the weekly club firing
- Preparing your work for glazing (sanding and sponging)
- Dipping techniques
- Pouring techniques
Participants to provide
- Up to three small to medium sized pieces of work (one flat, one vessel and one irregular if possible) which have been sanded and sponged dry. You must know which clay was used to make them.
- Personal mask and gloves if available
- Eftpos card if you wish to put the work into the club firing that week. The course fee does not include the cost of firing.
Please read this information about the glaze room and glazing before coming to the course
Number of participants
The course is limited to a maximum of 4 participants and needs a minimum of 4 participants to go-ahead.
Dates and Time
12 July 2021 at 7:00pm – 9:pm in the glaze room
The fee for this course is $50
Do not send any money until you receive an invoice
The not so small print
There can be no refunds after you have been registered on the course and paid the fee. Should you find that you can’t make the course you are allowed to find a suitably experienced substitute.
If you miss a session the tutors are not expected to provide any catch-up time beyond that which can be given in the scheduled times without impacting other participants.
Before confirming your registration the tutors may contact you to make sure that you understand the prerequisite skills required. If the courses is not advertised as suitable for beginners there will be no time to assist participants without the skill to work with the amount of clay specified.
The fee for the course does not include firing or glazing that can be done through the normal club process.
Any questions email – email@example.com