Calling all members! The annual exhibition is nearly upon us!
This year the Wellington Potters’ Association is celebrating the 62nd annual showcase of contemporary ceramics by its members. The exhibition takes place in conjunction with Splash, the national exhibition of Watercolour New Zealand, at the Academy Galleries on Queens Wharf in Wellington.
To speed up the process on receiving day this year we are trialing an online entry form. Please follow the link below to complete your entry. This link will close at 5pm on Friday 16th of October and will not accept entries after this time.
If you are having any issues accessing or completing the form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Entered works will be received from 10 am to 3 pm Saturday 17th October at Wellington Potters Centre, 130 Grant Road, Thorndon, Wellington. Late entries will not be accepted.
Please note that receiving is happening on October 17th which is also election day this year. (Don’t forget to vote!)
Each financial member may submit up to FIVE entries for sale; this may include 1 set (counted as 1 entry) and 1 piece Not for Sale (NFS). To cover some of the costs of venue hire, advertising and running the exhibition, exhibitors are required to pay a non-refundable entry fee of $20 for the first item and $10 for each additional item and a commission of 35% will be deducted from sales. All freight and insurance in transit and during the exhibition is the responsibility of the entrant. Please bring suitable packaging clearly labeled with your name and telephone number.
If you are unsure if you are a financial member please contact Steve Moate to check your membership status. email@example.com
Thank you to everyone who has put their hand up to help so far. We are still looking for volunteers for help out with various aspects of the exhibition and opening event. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you would like to get involved.
Awards & sponsors
Many thanks to Wellington City Council and Park Hotel who have sponsored the event! The 2020 award categories are:
– Wellington Museum Premiere Acquisition Award for Excellence in Ceramics – $1,000 cash prize
– Abbots Glaze Award for Excellence in the Use of Glaze – $500 voucher from Decopot NZ (http://www.decopot.co.nz/)
– Primo Clays Award for Excellence in Wheel-Thrown Ceramics – $500 voucher also from Decopot NZ (http://www.decopot.co.nz/)
– CCG Award for Excellence in Hand Built Ceramics – $500 voucher from CCG (www.ccg.co.nz)
– Nelson Pottery Supplies Award for First Time Exhibitor – $150 voucher for Nelson Pottery Supplies (https://www.nelsonpotterysupplies.co.nz/)
– Vessel Award for People’s Choice Award – $150 cash (www.vessel.co.nz)
– Park Hotel Award for Innovation in Ceramics – $100 cash (https://www.parkhotel.nz/)
We look forward to seeing you on the opening night!
Be sure to invite your friends and whānau to the exhibition once it opens to the public. Details on EventFinda – https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2020/ceramicus-2020-annual-ceramics-exhibition/wellington