We are a member-based organisation.
1. Membership types
You can achieve membership by purchasing a (non-refundable) membership:
- Includes a key to the rooms, with 24 hour access; Members can attend WPA events, workshops and classes
Associate Member: $75
- Does not include a key; Associate Members can attend WPA events & workshops but not WPA classes (except those run by the Wellington High School CEC), and do not have working access to rooms, kilns or glazes
2. Becoming a member
Any person may become a member by:
- Signing the completed application form.
- Agreeing to abide by our values, rules and regulations.
- Attending an orientation and induction
- Paying the appropriate subscription fee.
3. What we expect of you
- You must not act in a way that is prejudicial to our interests or reputation or contrary to our values, rules and regulations.
- As a YHA member, you are bound by our rule
- You agree to abide by the rooms health and safety policy when using the club rooms.
4. Privacy statement:
Please refer to our Website Privacy Statement for guidance on what information is collected from you and why, and how it is used and stored. In addition and specific to your membership:
You may request your details are deleted at any time; however any such request will effectively terminate your membership.
By purchasing a YHA membership card you accept that your first name, last name, email address and membership number will be passed to ISIC New Zealand and Frequent Values in order to activate your digital card member discounts.
5. Further information
- You must pay your membership fee in full at the time of application.
- Fees are quoted in New Zealand dollars.
- Your membership will commence on the day we receive your application and it will continue until the relevant end period.
- Your membership is non-transferable to anyone else.
- The National Board may refuse membership to any person. The National Board is not required to state the reason for such refusal.
- You may resign your membership at any time by writing to or emailing YHA Customer services. We will not provide you with a refund.